Imagine this… For the first time, you can live in a modern home, inspired by one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s original Usonian houses.
and this… For the first time, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation has entrusted the use of Wright's original designs to be updated, personalized, and systems-built.
The original designs are archived at Columbia University and exhibited regularly at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
and experience this… The Imagine Series. Lindal Cedar Homes is honored to have been selected exclusively to personalize and produce these designs for our clients worldwide, using the time- tested Lindal building system.
What’s so special about this (besides Lindal’s introductory promotion)?
Frank Lloyd Wright is regarded as America’s greatest architect and likely the most influential. His residential and commercial designs are instantly recognizable and often lovingly preserved.
Thousands of young people (myself included) were inspired by his work to study architecture. He was a demanding teacher and founded his own architectural school with its own unique curriculum and lifestyle, Wright-designed student-built campuses at Taliesin and Taliesin West continue to graduate professionals today.
Wright and the other founding architects of the America modernist movement introduced a new way of thinking about “home” to America. “Modern” houses were the first to demonstrate the concept of site-responsive design and flexible open floor plans that enabled the overall reduction of a home's square footage.
The new American modernism of Wright, Eames and Neutra, shared other principles, uniquely wrought by each architect:
- Flat and gently sloping roofs overhang exterior walls to provide shade where needed and to extend interior living spaces with covered terraces, entry porches, walkways, and carports;
- Sometimes called a “processional” experience, one discoversdifferent spaces and views when moving through Wrights’ houses. Punctuated with changes in ceiling height and turns to the left or right heightens ones awareness and creates a sense of spaciousness that belies the actual size of more compact Usonian houses;
- Wright believed in “system“ building. He worked on a “grid” that included the standard spacing of structural members and windows. The system was an organizing element of the exterior elevations and floor plans, contributing cadence to the procession and efficiency to the build.
But Wright’s work stood apart in a way that will forever avoid the tag of “cold” so often used to describe modern houses:
- The use of naturally finished wood for exposed structural elements, exterior and interior cladding, and trim gave Wright’s homes a warm, comfortable and calming ambiance.
Value added by Lindal and Warmmodern Living
The Lindal building system created by Sir Walter Lindal is a logical partner to update and produce Wright's Usonian designs. While sharing the same design principles, seventy five years of Lindal system refinement adds three important distinctions:
- Predictability: The Lindal building system enables us to personalize the design and predict cost in just a few weeks, saving you time and money;
- The Lindal system is continually refined and creates homes that are highly energy efficient, green, and sustainable; and
- The Lindal planning process product – and now these Wright inspired designs, are available worldwide.
Working with Aris George of OM Studio, who trained and then taught at the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture and led the transformation of these Usonian houses to modern Lindals, will guide the process of personalizing these designs while still faithful to the original architecture. As your local Lindal professional, I will guide the planning process to a beautiful conclusion.
As a Lindal representative in the Seattle and New York City/Long Island markets, I will guide your experience. You’ll benefit from my architectural training, leadership in creating the Lindal Elements and Lindal Architects Collaborative programs, and over ten years of working experience with Aris Georges on numerous projects with Warmmodern Living clients. The strength of our long-term personal and professional relationship and many shared design values will help ensure a smooth collaborative expedience and a wonderful Imagine home for you.
Be Among the First to “Imagine”… and Receive these added Benefits
Order your Imagine Lindal by the end of August, and you will receive:
- A 15% discount on your Lindal materials
- A trip for two to Taliesin in Spring Green, Wisconsin or Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona, including:
- Airfare for two
- Two nights lodging on the Taliesin grounds
- A Special guided tour of the property
The discount and trip requires that you sign a Lindal photography release with the order.
In order to sign your order by August 31, 2018, we need to begin planning within the next few weeks
See the Imagine Designs: Lindal.com/imagine
Call Warmmodern living: 844-WARM-MOD (844-927-6663)
Email me: email@example.com